Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 5
Tony Horton workout
Details about the workout:
- This is a workout only event, please arrive dressed and prepared to sweat. (water bottle, towel, workout mat, etc).
- We have no facilities (except for NPC members) for changing other than the public
- Bag check will not be provided.
- The NPC will provide water to fill your water bottles in the room during the event.
The workout will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- After the workout, Tony will available for pictures and autographs. Outside books and
DVD’s are permitted.
Friday, September 6
Noon - 7 p.m.
Packet pick-up and registration, National Press Club
Saturday, September 7 - Race Day
6:15 - 7:15 a.m.
On-site Registration (Corner of 14th and F Street, NW)
Immediately following the race, all runners are invited to the National Press Club Ballroom for the NPC Health & Fitness Fair, post-race pancake breakfast and awards ceremony.
NPC members and students: $25 until 8/19
General: $30 until 8/19
$35 for all runners after 8/19
$40 for all runners on race day
All entry fees include official 5K shirt and entrance to the post-race pancake breakfast.
Cash prizes for top finishers and medals for top age group finishers.
$200 each for first place, male and female
$100 each for 2nd place, male and female
$50 each for 3rd place, male and female
$100 each for 1st place male and female masters (over 40)
$50 each for top male and female NPC member
Medals for top age group finishers and everyone can win one of the many random door prizes!
Team categories include:
- Largest or Fastest media team
- Largest Fastest team
- Each team member must submit an individual form and indicate team name on form.
- Minimum 3 runners per team and top 3 finishers count toward team time.
The 5K Committee welcomes exercise trainer Tony Horton, creator of the P90X extreme fitness program, as this year's honorary Race Marshall. Horton will lead an audience in a workout session at the National Press Club on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 6:30 p.m., and an open workout for attendants on race day. Horton has trained professional athletes, U.S. military personnel, members of Congress and celebrities such as Bruce Springsteen, Usher, Tom Petty, Billy Idol, and Annie Lennox. Find out more about Tony and the P90X fitness program at www.beachbody.com.
Erika Gonzalez is a reporter and anchor at News4. Erika moved to Washington from the good ol’ state of Texas where she worked in Rio Grande Valley then moved to KEYE in Austin. While there, Erika also used her Spanish proficiency to anchor newscasts for Telemundo Austin. Erika loves to stay active. She ran her first marathon in May of 2011, is a certified Zumba instructor, and is a first degree black-belt in Kung-Fu. She’s also a very good salsa dancer.
Special Rate for BEAT THE DEADLINE participants at the Hotel Monaco DC
$169 a night until 8/23 for a Friday or Saturday night stay