- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress: Brief biographies of all current and past members of congress, going back to 1774
- Committee on Rules: Official rules by which the House of Representatives is governed
- Congresspedia: Encyclopedia on Congress that can be edited by anyone
- LegiStorm: Databases of congressional staff salaries and congressional trips
- Office of the Clerk: Official site of the Office of the Clerk for the U.S. House of Representatives
- Open Hearings: Schedule of upcoming hearings, live audio and video from hearings in progress
- Project Vote Smart: Biographical information, campaign finance details, issue positions, interest group ratings, voting records, and public statements from elected officials and candidates running for state, and national offices
- WashingtonWatch.com: Tracks the bills in Congress, along with estimates about their costs or savings, when available.
- Electronic Briefing Books: Provides online access to declassified records from the National Security Archives on issues including U.S. national security, foreign policy, diplomatic and military history, intelligence policy, and more
- GPO: Access U.S. Government Printing Office provides free electronic access to Federal Government documents
- LOUISE: The ultimate goal of LOUIS (Library Of Unified Information Sources) is to create a comprehensive, completely indexed and cross-referenced depository of federal documents from the executive and legislative branches of government"
- Open CRS: Open CRS provides citizens access to CRS Reports already in the public domain
- Sunshine In Government Initiative: SGI maintains the FOIA Files, a database of government documents released in response to FOIA requests
- Thomas: Find Legislation, Congressional Record text, Committee information from the House and Senate
- Center for Public Integrity: CPI maintains several databases of information collected during their investigations, as well as the reports produced by the investigations
- Citizens Against Government Waste: Provides access to the Complete Pork Database, the CCAGW ratings, and other reports on government pork
- Earmark Watch: User created guide to who is receiving earmarks and what the recipient has done to receive the earmark
History of Politics
- The Internet Law Library: Provides links to a large number of legal resources relating to American (federal and state) and foreign laws
- LawyerExpress: Links to legal news, periodicals, legal reference and fed and state law sites
- Legal Information Institute: LII offers all US Supreme Court opinions since 1992, over 600 earlier decisions selected for their historic importance, the full US Code, and topic guides to roughly 100 areas of law.
State of the Union Resources